20110807

Spotted #4: Lamborghini Gallardo

For us automobile enthusiasts, spotting an exotic car on our roads will always remain something special. That happened to me yesterday evening when I was driving in Anna Salai, an arterial road in Chennai. All of a sudden, people around started behaving abnormally. Gentlemen and ladies from MTC buses peeped out of their windows and pillion riders in two-wheelers stood up and looked at something.

Since all eyes converged on some damn thing in front of my car, I thought there was an accident a few feet ahead. Only when the auto-rickshaw that was obstructing my view cleared the way, I noticed that those reactions were all for this stunning Lamborghini Gallardo that was standing in all its pristine glory. As this was the first time I saw a Lamborghini so close on public roads, I didn't take my eyes off it for some time.

It was truly a sight to behold seeing the Lambo and the Bajaj RE auto-rickshaw, the two things automotive that comes to our mind immediately when we think of the color yellow, standing adjacent to each other. I have to admit that it was painful to see the owner of the Lambo carefully negotiating the messy peak-hour traffic. Imagine how painful it would have been for him doing that instead of ripping across open freeways.

No comments:

Post a Comment